Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things I'm liking these days

-The fact that Andrew and I booked our plane ticket for Hawaii this week. Pinch me please, because I need to wake up from this amazing dream where I get married in paradise.

-Soups. I have had this strange craving for soups lately. But not just any kind of soup; tortilla soup. It might be because my stomach has been a little on the sensitive side lately, or because it's cold, or just because soup is delicious. Either way, the past two weeks I have made 3 different versions of tortilla soup. My friends make fun of me for this. I tell them that each soup has a different name, therefore it's a different soup. Fiesta soup, mexican soup, tortilla soup, yummy soup...and the list could go on and on. One more plus- soup is cheap and portable! I can make a batch of soup on monday and take it to school to eat for lunch for the rest of the week. Amazing.

-Saving our mannequin's life during our simulation yesterday. There is nothing like doing CPR, defibrillating, and then hearing that monitor start to beep beep beep again. Such a beautiful noise.

-Fire. Julie and I made a fire in our fireplace before she left for her cruise and it was so great. I enjoy everything about it. The fact that we can turn off our heater and save $ for 4 hours, the crackly sound, the golden color that shines in the room. Mmmm. So good.

-Anticipation. Sometimes anticipation kills people. I however, am enjoying the excitement of expectation. My friend Katie asked me this week "how in the world are you going to concentrate this semester knowing that you're going to be in Hawaii getting married in 5 months?" I told her that it's easy because I know in 5 months a lot of things are going to change for me. I'm soaking up this time where I have to study, spend absurd amounts of time hanging out with the same people every day, and not having a full time job. I'm also really enjoying the excitement of browsing the internet for hours looking at wedding dresses, reception dresses, and fun things to on our honeymoon. Anticipation is just fun. So fun.

-This song/video:
It's one of the sweetest songs I've ever heard. He's such a great story teller.

-Remembering this day, 6 weeks ago:

Well apparently I'm liking a lot of things these days.
Thanks for tuning in.

1 comment:

Bryn said...

That song...oh, that song. I like it.
And cheer to saving our mannequin's life.