Tuesday, April 26, 2011

She lives!

Yesterday morning I received a call from the vet that I had been taking Annie to.
The conversation went a little something like this:

Vet: Allye? Uh, yes, this is Dr. K. Umm, about Annie...
Me: Yes?
Vet: Well, I didn't put her to sleep on Friday...
Me: Okay....
Vet: I've been giving her medication and she seems to be bouncing back. She's not acting sick anymore.
Me: Oh my gosh, okay.
Vet: I can take her to the shelter if you want me to.
Me: No! I'll come pick her up. I'm out of town, can I come get her tomorrow?
Vet: Yes, of course.

So, right now I'm typing this on my couch with Annie sleeping snuggled up next to me.
Talk about crazy.
Julie no longer calls Annie by her real name, she calls her Jesus.
I'm not going to rename her that, because that would be weird.

But it is a little ironic that I thought she died on good friday and then was back alive the day after Easter.


No comments: