Monday, April 11, 2011

A sick pup

This is about to get a whole lotta ridiculous.
Just thought I would warn you before it begins.

Annie has been sick for the past couple of days. Last night it got bad. She was throwing up, lethargic, with a runny nose and goopy eyes.
I, being the queen of google-diagnosing automatically jumped to the worst possible conclusion.
She has distemper.
I've been a wreck. I almost cried about 10 times today thinking about having to put her to sleep.
Last night I laid on the floor with my feverish little pup, cuddled up close, cried and said "how did you do this to me? how can I already love you this much?!"
She didn't respond.

It's insane how much I like her...love her.
I guess it's because she is precious, and totally lovable; but I also think it's because I have put SO MUCH into her. Sleepless nights, a whole week spent not going out of the apartment because I want her to be socialized, and trained.
I took her to the vet today and he said it's too soon to tell if she indeed does have distemper...for now we're just going to assume it's a respiratory infection. She's on two medications as well as chicken and gravy baby food to make her eat her food (SPOILED).

How could anyone not love this face?
Seriously. Love her.
Thanks for bearing with me while I rant about my sad obsession with that adorable lump of fur.
I hoping she gets better fast.

No comments: