Friday, October 15, 2010

Haircut

I love getting haircuts. There are so many things to love:
Getting your hair washed. It's so relaxing. A simple pleasure, really. You don't realize how much work washing your hair is until someone else washes it for you. Plus, Shelby always has the best smelling shampoo and conditioner.
Getting your hair styled. Some people don't like this part because you can never fix it the same as your hair dresser does. But that's the beauty of it for me. For me, when I get my hair cut that means I get it straightened. Straightening my hair is such work, and I love just sitting there and poof! Straight hair. Magic. I'm beginning to sound lazy when it comes to my hair...and it's because I am.
Soft hair. I think hair dressers have some secret potion that makes hair super soft. I want it. I can never stop running my fingers through my soft hair after getting a haircut.
Change. It's fun. I used to not like changing my hair. But ever since the big cut a year ago, I get excited about it.
I've already mentioned how good Shelby's shampoo and conditioner smells. But it has got to be mentioned again because it's amazing. When I'm not running my fingers through my hair, I'm holding a strand up against my nose.

I didn't change much this time. Just got a trim, a good thinning, and more defined bangs. I'm on a mission to have long hair by this summer. We'll see if I can make it happen.

I wanted to take a picture to show you and in the process realized that my new bangs are at just the right length where they just won't stay behind my ear:
tried to put it behind the ears. fail.
and the solution:
And yes, I'm wearing the same outfit as yesterday. I wish I could defend myself by saying I only wore it for half a day yesterday or something like that, but I can't. It was just laying on my chair this morning when I woke up and I didn't have to make any decisions. It just felt right, okay?

Have a happy weekend.

No comments: