Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sunshine and Rainbows

The simulation was crazy. We passed, but it was crazy. Our patient died, for a long time. Our biggest mistake was not calling the "doctor" and just continuing the code (we thought that by "calling a code" we were calling a "doctor"). Apparently not. Our instructors said that doctors would have called the time of death long before it was actually called. Hence, CPR for 20 minutes. Resulting in my first CPR blister.
See:
Well, you can't really see it because of photobooth isn't what I would call top notch quality. And it's gotten a lot better since Tuesday.
And yes, I'm getting my hair trimmed and THINNED tomorrow. It is crazy thick right now. It's borderline fro.

It's been yet another crazy week here at this dorm of ours. Some extremely burnt beans, 4 candles, and 5 fire alarms later I'm ready to run away somewhere. Anywhere.
Maybe New Orleans? In 6 days? I think so.
My favorite thing is when residents walk up to me outside during a fire alarm asking things like "where is the fire?" "is it a real fire?" "is it going to get in my room?" oh and my number one favorite this week: "WHY are we having so many fire alarms lately?".
I wish I knew, my sweet little ditzy freshman. I wish I knew.

Besides the craziness at the dorm, it's been a week of splendid surprises.
I'm so happy.
Life is sunshine and rainbows right now.
Even underneath my stack of notes and books.

No comments: