Friday, October 01, 2010

Long day

This week my schedule was a little different. Instead of having clinical on Wednesday, I had it on Thursday. Not a big deal, right? I thought it was going to be awesome because I usually have duty on Tuesdays and only get 4 hours of sleep before I have to be at the hospital for 12 hours.
Well, Wednesday night ended up being pretty hectic here in the dorm and I didn't get to sleep until well past 1:30am.
I woke up at 5:15, got ready, and drove to the hospital drinking my coffee as fast as I could hoping that it would magically give me the energy that sleep does.
I got there early like always, I like sitting and breathing before the day gets crazy.
Usually around 6:20 the rest of my group starts dragging themselves in. This didn't happen. 6:25 came, then 6:30. No one.
I started to wonder.
Then it hit me.
Clinical starts at 8 on Thursday.
DANG!
I walked back out to my car, sat in that beautiful blue seat and felt like crying.
I. AM. SO. TIRED.
So, I went to starbucks, drank more coffee, and read about schizophrenia.
Drove back to the hospital at 7:45 and began my day.
Let me just say this: at 8:30 pm, if I would had the energy I would have sprinted out of that place.
But I didn't. I walked slowly, breathing in the fall air and talking about how weird the day was with my nursing peeps.
When I got to my car I laid my head on that beautiful blue steering wheel and sighed, called Andrew and drove home.
Home? Is that was this is.
I guess so.
For the next two months at least.

1 comment:

the adamo family: said...

i love you, i love when you write. you are one tough cookie and i am always super impressed with you. also we have a guest room in our new apt with your name on it!