Sunday, November 01, 2009

Cook-esteem

I made some really good baked potato soup tonight. 

I don't know if I'm the only person like this, but my cook-esteem is really low. 
Every single time I cook, I automatically assume it's going to taste bad. 
I'm a very careful cooker. I follow directions carefully. When I cook with Andrew (he's a great cook), I get nervous because he doesn't measure. He asks me to put some sugar in the pot and I say "how much?" he says "just a little, not too much." I say "here, you do it." 
I think I'll ruin it, then we'll have to eat cereal for dinner. 

Anyway, I was thinking tonight after my roommates and I finished eating the good soup, that I should try and be more confident in my abilities. 

That's all this post is about. 

Bon appetite.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Your soup was so tasty. I was like Julia Childs who?

Monica said...

Getting married means I become a tad bit more aware of my domestic side. I'm in your same boat; extremely nervous.
But, it gets less scary the more you do. It also has helped me to cook alone. My personal kitchen is amazing. No one to tell me what to do, mmhmm.

I want your recipe. I need to make potatoe soup soon.

Unknown said...

I love to cook! But it usually doesn't turn out the way I plan....oops!