Tuesday, November 03, 2009

This day

It's has been quite a day. 

I woke up late. No big deal, it happens all the time, I 
just wont take a shower, or put on make-up. It's cool. 

I get in my car and it wont start. 
Alright, so I'll just jump start it. I've jump started a car 
before, no big deal. 

Well, I opened my hood to find this:
Do you see a battery? I didn't. I also had no idea where to put this lil jumper cable thingies. So, I attached them to those knobbies up in the left corner. After calling and waking up that sweet(and so very patient) man of mine, I found out that was a wrong move. He directed me as best that he could via telephone, and my car even started, but then died right after I detached the cables. 

(by the way the battery is under that huge metal strip and the wiper fluid container...crazy)

Julie has the flu, so I drove her car to school. 
30 minutes late. PTL for nice teacher day. 

Lunch time. I come home with a plan. I'm going to get that ugly battery out and take it to WalMart and get it checked, get a new battery and be good to go. 

False. 

Those bolts and screws were so dang tight. 
I drove to walmart, bought some tool that I thought would help, and came home. Guess what, it didn't. I drove back to walmart, returned it, looked for something else that would work. Didn't have any luck so I went to O'Reilly's. Those irish know how to help. 
They let me borrow a tool to take off all those crazy screws. 

This story is getting way too long, I realize that, but since I'm already into it I'll continue...

Got home, spent a lot of frustrating minutes trying to squeeze my hands down into the tiny spaces to unscrew them. I have really small hands and I had issues. I'm really not sure how they put that stupid car together. I finally got the battery out and took it walmart. Sure enough, it was bad. Got a new one, spent more frustrating minutes putting back together the mess I made. 

It's running, and I'm happy. 

But, my eye is twitching. I'm not sure if it's because I'm just not made to be a mechanic or I need to go to bed early tonight. 

3 comments:

Allie said...

I'm so proud of my little mechanic.

Unknown said...

I am sorry you had such a frustrating day! But I am very gald that you were able to fix it! Hooray!

Ashley said...

Haha I love reading your posts. Thanks for the entertaining story!