Sunday, November 08, 2009

Thankful

In spirit of copying Robyn and Brooke, here are 10 things I am thankful for:

1. Andrew. (might get a little mushy warning) He has filled my life with SO much love. More love than I have ever known from a person. He's always there for me, always. At 3 am when I'm scared  because someone is knocking on my door and call him, at 7 am when my car doesn't work, when I'm feeling a little lonely and just need to sit on the phone. He's patient, loving, accepting, funny, has the best laugh you have ever heard, the sweetest heart filled with grace, this great mind that thinks of things in a way that I would never think of, and he has a a way of making me this gushy emotional girl that I never thought I would be (hence me writing all this). He has a fantastic family, too, that I am very thankful for. Overall, it's a pretty sweet gig. 

2. Friends. All of them. I could not even begin to write all the ways they make my life bright as sunshine. 

3. Roommates. Kelsey, Julie, Allie, and Lindsey. They are my family, my community. Each one of them is special in their own little way. They are constant reminders of the love of Christ to me. I'm so glad to have each of them. 

4. Nursing School. Although I probably voice my unthankfulness much more than I do my thankfulness, I am very thankful for nursing school. Being in nursing school is teaching me so much more than the skills I will need for my life as a nurse. I'm (slowly) learning discipline. I'm learning how to love people (patients) in a way that they know I care, but I'm able to let go of it later (again, slowly). I'm thankful for instructors who have a passion for nursing, and a passion for making sure we get it right. I'm thankful for the tight community that we have in all of our sufferings...it makes it much more bearable!

5. Sour patch kids. Life with out them would be a life without a motivational candy that I seriously can never ever ever get enough of. 

6. Robyn. I guess she falls under number 2, but I figure she needs her own number. I'm just that thankful for her. She teaches me constantly. I love, love, love talking to her. I don't have any other friend like Robyn. I think we connect because we share some of the same struggles, and as much as I hate that for her, I love it for me because she is always teaching me better ways to process, deal with, and move on. I'm glad we have each other. I'm excited for our adventures. 

7. Pictures. They speak in a way that words cannot. My heart beats fast at a beautiful photograph and my brain automatically smiles when I look on the walls of my bedroom and get to see people I love. 

8. Stars. God has spoken to me many nights through the stars. I feel like his love is made so evident by the beauty of a bright night sky. I'm mesmerized constantly by its beauty, it takes my breath away more than anything else. 

9. Thursday night bible study group. Matt, Dani, Amy, Luke, Kelsey. I'm learning so much from this group. God speaks through all of them in different ways. I love getting to hear about mom adventures and struggles from Amy and Dani, I've learned so much by just watching the way they carry out their lives as women of Christ. I love getting to see and hear how Luke and Kelsey are processing things. And Matt is such a wonderful, honest teacher. 

10. Blankets. I get cold a lot, and blankets keep me warm. 

This list really could really carry on to 100, but since I have 5 more pages of a pharmacology paper to write, I'm going to stop being thankful. 

No comments: