Saturday, November 07, 2009

I wonder at his beautiful system and how it feels better than anything I could choose or invent for myself. 
I wonder as I gaze up at the night sky, this love letter from God to creation, this reminder that somewhere there is peace, somewhere there is order, and I think about how great his kingdom is, and is going to be, and I wonder in this rare and beautiful moment, how I could ever want to walk away from it all. 
Life is not a story about me, but it is a being told to me, and I can be glad of that. I can be glad to look up at the stars and whisper thank you to the creator of the universe, a creator who says you don't have to be smart or good-looking or religious or anything; 
you just have to cling to him,
love him, 
need him, 
listen to his story. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet reminder. thanks, Allye. love you.