Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Mallow Brains

I have officially completed the 60 hours of orientation needed to be a student nurse tech! What does this mean? Well, it means that I don't have to sit in a classroom and listen to lectures for 8 hours every day! Starting Sunday when I get back from Monica & Bret's wedding I'll have my first shift on the floor...all. night. long. I'm nervous, excited, and ready!
In other news, living alone is kind of boring. I mean, not much could be more exciting than living with the people I lived with last year. Glee and So You Think You Can Dance have been the big highlights of my day. Loving TV shows isn't all bad.

Last night on Glee I learned the word magnanimous.
My grandma used to tell my cousins and I that if we watched too much TV our brains would turn into marshmallows and that it would slowly start coming out of our ears. It's such a strange mental image, I'm not sure why it provokes the word "yum" into my brain. Maybe because all I did today was learn how to stage and treat pressure ulcers. Marshmallow brains sound like a delicacy in comparison.
Anyway, I don't think that people whose vocabulary includes magnanimous have marshmallows for brains.

Okay, wow. See what happens to me when I'm alone? Tangents like that.

Tomorrow I'll head to Keller to see one of my best friends of all time get married to the boy she has loved since high school. I am so excited for her, and him. It's a little unbelievable that we are at the point of our lives where marriage is pretty normal. I think it's going to be hard to believe until I'm standing up in front watching her walk down the isle. I'm so excited.


No comments: