Friday, June 18, 2010

Want a surprising wake up call?

It's simple. Just move into a dorm and be an RA.
This morning about 5 new students and their parents just walked right into my room. Thankfully I had already been woken up by the polite one who knocked 5 minutes earlier and had a chance to become a tiny bit presentable.
I looked up at them as they pranced in "Hi?"
"Oh, HI! We're just looking around."
"Okay, well, this is my room, and this is me in my pajama's. I think you've had the grand tour now. But the show room is down the hall to the left and you're..."
"Ohhhh. THANKS!"
(going on in side my head): "I hope you're not on my wing next year."
(not inside my head): "You're welcome. Have a nice day"

New life lesson: Never write on a marker board "The RA is in room #*** if you need anything" (That's not a curse word, it's my room number in a discrete fashion so someone doesn't come and get me).

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hah! Totally happened to me last year!I love you! I am coming to see you soon!!

Allie said...

whatever, you know that's really a curse word