Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thoughts on this summer

I can't remember the third embarrassing moment I thought of the other day. I should have written them down the second I thought about them because it has left my mind completely. I'm sure it will come back at some point when it's completely useless information. Probably in a moment like when my nursing instructor is asking me why I'm about to give a certain medication, and what it's action is, all I'll be able to think of is that 3rd embarrassing moment.

All that to say; I'll tell you about it when I remember.

Every single ounce of me is ready to be done with this statistics class. I'm getting there, but it feels like it's taking me forever.
I've been struggling the past couple of days to have a good attitude about this summer. I started out the summer with the thought that it may not be the most exciting summer ever, but it's my last one as a college student and I need to soak up every moment, enjoy where I am and what I am doing. That has not been my attitude the past couple of days. I've been almost bitter. Looking at pictures on facebook of amazing summer adventures, beautiful sunsets in the mountains, and people getting to be around the one they love has made me feel like I'm missing out on the joy and freedom of summer.

And then yesterday I was reminded of the shortness of life.
How in one crazy mixed up second, your life on earth can end.
That kind of put things in perspective for me.
I can find joy in sitting with a 68 year old delusional patient for 8 hours.
I can find adventure and beautiful sunsets in Belton.
The one I love is just a phone call away,
and even though it's hard sometimes, there is not much that is sweeter than that voice.
There is something to be grateful for in every moment.
It's too bad it takes something rocking my world to figure that one out.

No comments: