Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm a star because

"God is the sum of patience and the essence of kindly good will. We please Him most, not by frantically trying to make ourselves good, but by throwing ourselves into His arms with all our imperfections, and believing that He understands everything and loves us still."
-A.W. Tozer, The Root of the Righteous

I posted this quote last year at some point. I was got a simple reminder of a piece of this sweet, beautiful truth this past weekend. I doggy-sat for some friends of mine and they had a little poster that their 6 year old daughter made at school on the fridge.
It had a place for her to put a picture of herself, then it had her tell about her favorite things, colors, people, hobbies, etc. At the bottom at the poster it had a place that said "I am a star because..."
She wrote "because Jesus made me new on the inside".
My heart melted at the sweetness and pureness of those words.
I thought about how simple that truth is. That we are new creations with Jesus.
At 6 if I were asked to write why I was a star I would have most likely written something like "because I have every dog and horse breed memorized" or just make something crazy up like "because I saved a whole litter of kittens from a burning building yesterday".
She has been continuously and consistently given that truth.
The truth that brings light, and meaning to life.
The truth that takes the old ugly away and covers it up with grace and love.
The truth that when it's in your life and mind,
when it's flowing through your veins,
and making your heart race from the joy it brings,
it is like nothing else.
It's evident truth.
Even if your 6. Writing about how Jesus is the only thing that makes you a star, because He made you new.
I want truth to seep out of my pores like that.
Jesus has made me new.
He understands everything, sees everything, and still loves me.
Continuously and consistently.
I have to keep telling myself...

"From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:16-21

No comments: