Monday, June 28, 2010

Mixed Emotions

This picture brings happiness and sadness to my heart.
Why?
Well, clearly it brings happiness because it's of one of my favorite people. It was a day that we celebrated summer by swimming in the Texas shaped pool at her apartment and I made it a point to swim in the panhandle. After swimming we made berry smoothies, sat on the porch and talked. All of that equals happiness.

Sadness because it was the last picture I took with my new beautiful camera before it broke. Technically it wasn't "new" just new to me. Robyn got a camera upgrade, so I got her old one. It was a huge upgrade for me though. And I was loving every minute of having it.

I took the poor camera to the geek squad at best buy, which by the way, I love that they wear skinny black ties, it's adorable. Anyway, they told me that it would cost $84 to send it in and have them diagnose it, and at least $140 to repair but it very well could be more.
All of that equals sadness.

So, if you're noticing a decline in the quality of my pictures, now you know why.
I'm thinking about buying just a used body of the same camera online but I'm not sure about that yet.
Until then, feel free to stare at that picture (like I will be doing), and enjoy the beauty of digital SLR quality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JujuBee is soooo cute! I'm sorry to hear about your loss.